The Good P.A Limited, trading as Varntige (“we, us, our”) is engaged in the business of providing virtual assistant, bookkeeping, graphic design and software training (“Services”) to clients in and around New Zealand and overseas (“you”, “your”).
Given the nature of our business, we may collect your personal information (as defined below) and will store all information and details in accordance with the principles set out in the Privacy Act 1993 (“the Act”).
This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclosure and protect your personal information. This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
Who Do We Collect Personal Information From?
We collect personal information about you from:
· You, when you provide that personal information to us including information which is provided via the website and any related service, through any registration or subscription process, through any contact we have with you (whether it’s by telephone, email etc), or when you buy or use our Services and products.
· We collect information from third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.
· Where possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We will use your personal information for the following:
· To verify your identity
· To provide our Services and products to you
· To market our Services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (by email and or text for this purpose)
· To improve our Services and products that we provide to you
· To undertake credit checks on you (if necessary)
· To bill you and collect money from you that is owing including authorising credit card transactions where necessary
· To communicate with you and respond to any queries or complaints you may raise
· To protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests including but not limited to defending any claim raised against us
· For any other purpose authorised by you and/or the Act.
Disclosing your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to the following:
· Another company within our group any business that supports our services and products including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the website or other services and products
· A credit reference agency for the purpose of credit checking you
· Other third parties
· A person who can require us to supply your personal information (such as a regulatory authority)
· Any other person authorised by the Act or another law enforcement agency
· Any person authorised by you
We are concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your personal information. We will provide physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect it. We will take all reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from loss, misuse and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Accessing and Correcting Personal Information
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correct to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
In respect of request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction and reasonable as to why we were unable or did not make the correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
Changes to this Policy
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto our the Website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy. This policy was last updated on 10/08/2020.
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
For any inquiries and complaints, please email at email@example.com.
All inquiries and complaints will be looked into within a reasonable time period and without charging any fee to the inquirer / complainant but reserve our right to charge a reasonable fee if the inquiry/complaint requires a significant use of our resources. We will also cooperate with the Data Protection authorities in New Zealand in the investigation and resolution of complaints in relation to the treatment of your personal information under this Policy. We will comply with any advice given by such authorities in relation to any complaint